We took our kids to the open house for the Draper Temple in January.
This is the picture we took before we went.
See Isaac's face? We took a long time to get a nice picture and it turned out he had his tongue sticking out in every one! What a stinker!
The kids liked the tour, especially the bus ride up there, but had a hard time waiting in line. The boys liked finding the rooms they saw in the pamphlet they got when we arrived. When Kate walked past the Baptismal font she exclaimed "It's a pool!" Then when we were in the Celestial Room, Eli let out a very loud yell. Needless to say, his mommy turned bright red and hurried him out of the room!
If you plan to take your family, here are some tips:
1. leave your coat in the car. It was very warm in the temple. If you have small children, you will be carrying them and won't want to be carrying all their coats too.
2. Bring something to read like scriptures or an Ensign. There is no way of knowing how long you will have to wait for your turn.
3. Leave IPODs, cameras, MP3 players, cell phones, etc. at home or in the car. They will just distract you and take away from the spirit that is in the temple.
4. Arrive at your assigned time a little early.
5. Plan to enjoy every room you enter because it may be a long time before you can go inside again!
6. Think of someone else who may enjoy entering the House of the Lord and invite them to go.